Sunday 3 January 2016

Goal planning and Serenity prayer for 2016...

Image result for goals checklist
I've been big on goals ever since I was a kid growing up. I think I got it from my parents who really encouraged us to do well in school in seeing education as a key to understanding the world around us and in being successful (whatever that might mean to the individual).

I, in turn, have passed this on to my children and in my job as an advisor to degree students. I also encourage goal setting and planning at the beginning of the year as a big part of becoming successful in their studies in continually checking on those goals throughout the year to the end.

I often say that the key to success is not about having a smooth sailing year, it's about being able to problem solve along the way to ensuring that unless it's a life and death situation or emergency - what strategies/contingency plans/re-routing can be put in place to overcome the situation/s or is there something that I really need to stop and think about.

I know in my own 3 degree studies, it's never been plain sailing, and it's to expect the unexpected. The other most important part for me is being grounded as a faith believing Christian that most times things will happen that are out of my control and that I just have to give it up in prayer to a God who can handle it but to also have the wisdom to know about when I need to move on things.

It's that time honoured Serenity prayer ...
Image result for serenity prayer printable

No comments:

Post a Comment