Tuesday 5 January 2016

New Year, new look, new ideas and books...

Image result for a new year a new look
Having been blogging for over a year now, I thought to change it up a bit and to try something different, hence the change in the appearance of the blog site and will be trying out some new ideas throughout the year as there's so much out there in the digital stratosphere.

Some of the upcoming changes this new year for me as an author/self-publisher/illustrator is the launch of an author website which has been a long time coming and with interest nationally and internationally. The big reveal will be announced fairly soon.

I also have a couple of exhibitions and book launches upcoming with a poetry collection in the first quarter of the year and will keep all the loop as I looking at starting a historical series on events that have shaped Samoa but have also personally affected my family's life as well.

I think it may be quite interesting as I never learnt any Samoan history growing up in South Auckland and only picked it up at Uni where I started asking my parents questions about different events that I was learning about. I even asked Fritz (my husband) who'd been educated in Samoa in his formative years and he expressed the same that it was only through talking to older family members that he learnt about historical events.

I'm hoping that this series will not only teach my children about the history of their forefathers (and mothers) but also to assist in helping them to understand their identities and to see how our ancestors overcame adversities. This is shaping up to being a very interesting year ahead and all the best in your endeavours as well...

No comments:

Post a Comment