Tuesday 26 January 2016

Poetry collection cover ideas...

My lil' sis' Maria's poetry collection book cover design concept
Currently working on my next book which is a collection of poetry that I've collected over the years with different themes and ideas. For the special book cover of this poetry collection, I've invited my lil' sis Maria Tauau to design the artwork for the cover.

The design brief was that it needed to be colourful (although she prefers line and ink drawings). It needed to have hibiscus flowers and a silhoutte of a woman and to have a Pacific flavour. This is one of the colourful design ideas she came up with and she is now up painting the final design which is a little different from this one but just as stunning.

She is definitely a gifted artist much like our mother is and the legacy that my children are continuing in. The design brief was also quite challenging in that it was outside my sister's comfort zone but I knew that she was up for the challenge having taken Year 13 Art (printmaking) as I did in my final year of high school in wanting to go to Uni art school but my life instead took another turn and it turned out even better than I had envisaged.

One thing I've learned in life is that the many interests and things that we enjoy doing daily or are passionate about can or should be turned into the things that pay us a wage or salary as it's been said that if you work in an area/s that you enjoy that you never have to work another day for the rest of your life...

No comments:

Post a Comment