Thursday 7 January 2016

New Year prayer week for 2016...

Image result for new year prayer week
There's a tradition in my birth church (Mangere PIC Pacific Islanders Presbyterian church) of having a prayer week for the Cook Islands, Niuean and English speaking community in the first several days of the new year. It's a time to reflect on the old year and to look forward to praying for the year ahead.

For some reason the Samoan minister there doesn't advocate it but for those who are Samoan we are able to join in with the English speaking Monday morning group as I did this morning. This particular group was founded by a group of us as young single women but I'm the only one attending occasionally as my family now worships at another church which doesn't have this tradition, however, I found it refreshing and encouraging to be able to come together at 6 am in the morning and to reflect on a bible scripture, share and pray together.

Over the years, since around 1996 when we first started (when I was still single) some 20 years ago, I've seen prayers come true for many, including myself, and I now have my children attending whenever possible as my dad does when he visits from Samoa.

For this year's prayer focus, I'm believing for greater things to happen but also to walk humbly with my God. I hope that this year will be a fruitful year for you and your family too...


No comments:

Post a Comment