Friday 8 January 2016

The wettest holiday summer weather yet ...

Image result for today's new zealand weather forecast This has got to be the wettest summer Auckland holiday weather in memory that I have. Having rained during Christmas and then New Year weekend and set to rain again this weekend it's unprecedented.

It's kind of funny too as when we were travelling last year, we seemed to hit wet weather in Sydney, Samoa and even Hawaii. So maybe it's been following us since and has now settled in and around New Zealand.

But I must say that I do love working in wet weather when all is warm inside and often it's windy or rainy and cold outside although I do remember working in the outdoors when I was much younger and it rained and I couldn't wait to come inside for a warm shower.

Being a geographer, I remember having to study weather patterns and rainfall having to do with seasons, the hemispheres, the seasonal wind patterns etc. and now the greenhouse gases but so glad that now I just need to know if it's going to rain or shine for my washing to be dry. Ha ha.

Anyway, wishing you all warm summer or winter whichever part of the hemisphere you happen to be in ...

No comments:

Post a Comment