Tuesday 19 January 2016

I lava you too... Pixar Disney short film - reminds me of Hawaii

I so like this video and it reminds me of the Islands of Hawaii and their culture where my elder two children and I spent the best part of the whole day, last month, in travelling from 10 am to getting back to our hotel around 10.30 pm from the Pacific Cultural centre in Laie, Oahu.

There we watched a film, as part of our tour, in their large film theatre that traversed us through the various Islands of Hawaii as well as our tour guide discussing with us various factors about each of the Islands that I was not aware of i.e. how one of the Islands was used for bombing by the military and the military also being one of the biggest employees as well as tourism in Oahu.

However, with the sounds of the ukulele and the beautiful oneness with nature as with most indigenous cultures it is often portrayed in stories of old as I have been retelling. So although this is probably a more recent story, stories such as this of the personification of mountains in a love story such as the story of "Mt Vaea and the tears of Apaula" (2015, Tau'au-Filisi) in Samoa echoes the fragility of human relationships.

Enjoy...

No comments:

Post a Comment