Tuesday 16 December 2014

Favourite Christmas Carols over the years




This still remains as one of my favourite Christmas Carols that I learnt to sing in our church youth choir as a teenager and when we would go out carolling in 2 hired buses till after midnight on Christmas Eve to church members houses and the neighbours would come along to listen.

My other favourite Christmas carols are: "Away in a Manager", "Oh come all ye faithful", "Oh little town of Bethlehem" and "Joy to the world". I remember my parents had a Jim Reeves casette tape that they would play in the car and I got to know all of his renditions as well.

It was also interesting to listen to the backgrounds of many of the Christmas carols on Radio Rhema (NZ's National Christian radio station) that explained how they came about and the countries that they originated from.

I hope that our children in schools and churches all over the world are still learning Christmas carols as they have become a special part of the festive season and a timely reminder of the real reason for the season ie. the birth of Christ and not so much about Santa and his elves, Christmas shopping and Christmas feasting. It's really about God gifting us with the birth of His son to change our lives for good.

P.S. I have a poll that you are most welcome to enter your experiences on too.

No comments:

Post a Comment