Wednesday 24 December 2014

Christmas Eve and the day/s before Christmas

Christmas Eve is the day before Christmas when children begin to anticipate the opening of presents, the mad rush of shoppers to fill their last minute shopping lists and Christmas Eve caroling. Going to the beach is another neat time of anticipation for the children in my family as a family legacy that my father often did during the holidays when I was younger.

The pics above show a local park that we visited and frequent on not so busy days and only a few minutes drive from our house. I love this lagoon like setting where I used to go outrigger training (when I was single and before the kids came). I love the peaceful atmosphere away from the hustle and bustle of suburbia and other distractions.

How different it must have been at another scene where a tiny baby was born, so peaceful and serene. Christmas really isn't about the number of presents that we receive (or didn't), the food we eat, or the people we visit (or don't visit) to me it's about taking time out to reflect on how a special God transformed our world so that we could understand how much He loved us to come to live with us... and a baby was born!

No comments:

Post a Comment