Sunday 21 December 2014

Christmas cards, kit set furniture and trust

This year with all the flurry and end of year work party breakups (3 weeks off work) and a family crisis, I forgot all about giving out Christmas cards to fellow colleagues at work and for my children to give out to their friends. It's like a ritual 'thank you card' to people for sharing a part of your life during the year and similar to gift giving.

But one thing I have enjoyed is taking time out to assemble a kitset of drawers which I've been needing for a while. I like the idea of being able to create something (as if I've got carpentry skills) from a box although it does take a bit of time, patience and the art of translating instructions into actions. I find it very stimulating, challenging with neat rewards at the end of the ordeal.

It reminds me, in this Christmas period, about trust. It took me a long time to assemble the set of drawers and often it takes people a long time to build trust between friends. It's a strong character trait to be a trustworthy person as a wisdom choice about having integrity. Sadly this is lacking in today's society of 'white lies' and compromise in doing things without fear of taking responsibility.

Children on the other hand can trust blindly, hence the warning for 'stranger danger'. That's why we should monitor our children's websites and between spouses/partners it's about freely sharing Facebook passwords without having to delete anything. Trust goes a long way and with it we can gain more respect, love and people will honour you for it especially children.

No comments:

Post a Comment