Friday 12 December 2014

Academic Achievement Awards - Generational Inspirations

Last night we attended our eldest child's prizegiving and we were pleasantly surprised that she achieved the academic award for her year with a trophy and book prize by Bear Grylls (a favourite sporting author of mine) with an accompanying certificate and we gave her a box of chocolates.

It took me back to the times when my parents encouraged us to do well in school, to listen to the teacher and do what they say. To my folks, education was one of the keys to achieving well in life after loving your God, your family and serving as well as being humble. They gave and accepted no excuses and provided for us an environment whereby we were able to excel if we wanted to.

Our eldest deserves the accolades as I observed the late nights, discussing ideas and planning ahead. The learning programme that is project based at the school definitely sets up the individual to learn for a life time with emphasis on research, self directed learning and time management. These are some of the aspects that I encourage students with at the degree level and that she is learning.

Well done, eldest one, may you continue to learn, to mature and to succeed in your endeavours to add to the things that my parents taught me, that I now teach you, and that we hope will succeed from generation to generation. Ia manuia.

No comments:

Post a Comment