Thursday 29 October 2015

"Maui and Sina" & "Tagaloalagi" at Auckland University Library

I got such a buzz today as I'm beginning to apply for different writer grants and had to write up a literary/writer C.V. (which I'm making up as I go as I've never seen one before.)

Anyway, one of the things I had to do was to cite some of the books I'd written as one of them is a book that I wrote for the Ministry of Education when I was contracted to them a secondary schools (7 schools working collaboratively) consortium.

So I went into my old University to see the correct title and found that my two newly released plays of "Maui and Sina" and "Tagaloalagi" are in the University of Auckland library and they're even on loan!

Wow! I was gobsmacked as this is something that I had only dreamed about in having my books acknowledged by the University that I'd spent the better part of 5-6 years at and without any coersion from me - it was seen fit to purchase (as I don't know who the book sellers on sell my books too.)

So for me as a writer, it's incredible news and a real boost to keep on writing. There's so much more to come...


No comments:

Post a Comment