Saturday 10 October 2015

On meeting Robyn P Murray author from Mangere Bridge...

 My last author to feature from the NZ Independent book week last week is local Mangere Bridge Indie author Robyn P Murray. I first read her book after taking it out from the local library and reading it to my children. This book is also translated into Spanish.

It was a neat children's book about a rooster from Ambury Park which is a local park and farm that my children have visited since they were so small and also it also hosted two of our 5 year old birthday celebrations with another planned for next year.

She also wrote a neat story about the giant Clydesdale horse that was there over a period of time who lived on the farm but later died. He was loved by many and very gentle. I remember patting his head and stroking his fur many years ago. His story now lives on in her book.

She has also recently written another story about mountains around the world including Mangere mountain as a children's story. She is definitely one author whom I would recommend as a great storyteller who shares the love and sharing stories with children. A real honour to meet with her...

No comments:

Post a Comment