Sunday 25 October 2015

Where were you 21st October 1985? ...

Where were you in 1985? I would have been in my second year of Uni at Auckland University and I remember enjoying watching the "Back to the future" movies especially the first movie. Looking back, things have certainly changed.

It was really interesting though to see what has happened since that time and the predictions that were made about flying cars and time travel. I guess we still haven't quite gotten there but what had not been predicted at that time was the smart phones that we now have and how the internet has revolutionised our world.

I think back then I remember wondering about ever having portable TVs and phones but never put the two together in now having mobile phones that we can watch movies on. We can now talk and see our friends in real time and Facebook has literally taken over the world.

Who was to think that this movie would have stood the test of time? much like Star Wars that keeps being re-enacted with storylines changing but still connected to the first. The 1980s was certainly laid back as compared to today but I'd have it no other way.

I guess the next question is: Where will you be 30 years from now in 2045?...

No comments:

Post a Comment