Tuesday 6 October 2015

NZ Independent Book Festival debrief and on meeting ZR Southcombe...

It was a real privilege for me to attend my first NZ Independent Book Festival as an author and to be a part of a well organized event thanks to Louise De Varga, a fellow author, and her team who made such an amazing opportunity happen for authors, writers, would be authors, readers, teachers, speakers, printers, publishers etc.












This week I'll be featuring some of the authors, that I met, and their works that I found most interesting for readers around the world who read this blog as I found a neat synergy and feeling of collegiality in sharing tips and experiences in being authors.












And I'd like to start with ZR Southcombe, a fellow author, whom I met at the Festival and whose life story (similar to mine but 20+ years younger) was the catalyst for me to jump into this new exciting journey as a self published author. My business advisor, Maria Fastnedge, shared with me about how ZR Southcombe was also a teacher who had started self publishing her books.










Her story reminded me of myself 20+ years ago in the goals and dreams that I had had in my early 20s and the similarities we had i.e. we both are teachers, artists, love reading (I don't have as much time anymore with my family and work commitments), both write and especially importantly we both have/had the dream to publish books.










So now 4 books each later (for both of us) and still going strong, I'd like to recommend her books to you for both young and old with lovely pictures and ideas as an Intermediate teacher and writer, she knows how to craft her books well with a passion for writing and sharing with many. I think she's an author to look out for and I was blessed to meet with her parents and am thankful for the wonderful opportunity of meeting the young woman whose lifestory inspired mine as I hope to inspire others. To you,  Z,  I will always be thankful and keep shining your light ...

No comments:

Post a Comment