Tuesday 16 February 2016

Birthday party prepping...

Image result for birthday parties Yesterday, I had a day in lieu off work which gave me the opportunity to catch up with different things that I need to organise for book launches venues, art galleries and exhibitions, and one of those important occasions for next month is our youngest's significant birthday.

I've been organising family birthdays, weddings, holiday celebrations etc. since I was young, firstly for my parents and siblings and now for my own family. My beloved isn't really into the whole organising but he always helps out big time with all the things that we do.

Yesterday, I was able to secure a venue, check out the birthday cake, consider times, food, entertainment and now to work on the invitations, the menu and the programme. I think money and resources plays a big factor for many families in organising such events but I think the most important thing that we can ever share with a child is to feel loved and cared for.

So our youngest is now excited and looking forward to the day with her friends and family members. As with Samoan families it's trying to keep within a budget as we have big families on both sides of the family yet allowing her to enjoy her day in celebration of a significant milestone and feeling blessed...

No comments:

Post a Comment