Saturday 20 February 2016

Mangere Markets every Saturday...

Image result for mangere markets Am working this weekend and got the chance to walk down the road for lunch, pay a few bills and check out the Mangere markets where my beloved surprised me and literally bumped into me (he had just finished doing our family shopping for the week) and we went out and had lunch.

I still remember before the markets started that the town centre was a ghost town on Saturdays as most people would go to Manukau city and other modern shopping development areas but since the Saturday markets were developed, it's a pain to look for parking on Saturday and I try and shop during the week rather than on Saturday.

The market provides a good source of income for locals like the fruit and vege vendors who come out with seasonal specials and the Cook Island donuts are popular with many at a dozen for $5. Then there's the usual clothes market area, cooked foods and plenty of other wares to view.

I've found that the most busiest times are just before Christmas, during the holiday breaks such as Easter, Labour Day and Public holidays and that's the time that I try and get there well before 9am to look for hassle free parking.

It's great to have such markets that are similar to the ones in Australia, Samoa, the Cooks, Fiji and I didn't quite see one in Oahu, Hawaii but hope to catch it the next time I travel there...

No comments:

Post a Comment