Tuesday 23 February 2016

Starting EdD studies at AUT...

Image result for EdD doctorate in education It has been a long time coming but have finally been given approval to start a Doctorate in Education (EdD) at AUT University where I completed a Masters in Creative Writing in 2012.

My journey in PhD studies has been a long and arduous one which first started when I completed my first Masters in Geography at Auckland University back in my early 20s but at the time I didn't have the funds to continue and wanted to help my parents out financially so I started teaching but only for two years I vowed and then will get back to my studies.

However, I loved teaching the students (but wasn't into the staff politics) and I ended up teaching in secondary school for 6 years and in 1997 when I first started working Education contracts I started a PhD in Geography but found after 4 years that I couldn't relate to the literature that I had to review and it wasn't in the direction that I wanted to take and so in 2000 when I first met my beau who later became my beloved it was easier to withdraw and concentrate on starting a family.

It was my goal when I was in my 20s to complete my PhD before I turned 30 but as with life so many things happen that I wasn't able to fulfil my goal. I did start up again in 2004 at Auckland Uni with EdD studies and had my proposal accepted and supervision sorted but then became pregnant with our second daughter as well as having hyperemesis which means that I was in and out of hospital and so again I withdrew from the course.

Again, in 2013 I submitted a proposal towards a PhD in Creative Writing but then I had problems with finding a suitable primary supervisor as the Creative writing field is still small in NZ and things fell through again.

This time, I prayerfully want to engage and will finish it once and for all. My first portfolio block starts for 2 days at the end of the week and I'm hoping to meet with my cohort to get a feel for the different topics that we will all be researching.

This is such an amazing opportunity that I am so thankful for in thanking God in all things...

No comments:

Post a Comment