Wednesday 10 February 2016

Imago Mundi Benetton World Art - "Kiwi Consciousness" NZ project...

Yesterday, I received a special invitation to participate in an exciting international initiative. It was from a curator working on a project on behalf of the Luciano Benetton World Art collection in Italy to gather an art piece from 210 artists from NZ (70 Maori & 140 non-Maori) who will form part of a unique collection of NZ art.

The NZ collection is called "Imago Mundi Benetton World Art - Kiwi Consciousness" NZ project and each of us will be supplied with a 10cm x 12cm canvas that we are to make into an art piece that expresses our signature art, choosing our own subject matter and media on the theme.

This is very exciting as it was only last year that I started displaying my artwork through my self published books and in my blogs, although I had been painting and drawing on and off for years. I had initially thought that I would have to retire before I could dedicate myself to interest in fine arts but now - Wow!

I have some ideas on the type of art piece that I want to paint that represents some important ideas to me and looking forward to sharing this with the world as it goes on show. I'm also developing ideas for an exhibition that I'm hoping to launch in May of this year and will keep all posted as I go. Thank you God for a great opportunity out of the blue...

No comments:

Post a Comment