Saturday 27 February 2016

Doctoral studies at AUT University ...

Image result for doctoral studies This week marks the first official start of my Doctoral studies in Education at AUT University. The topic is broadly about Pasifika lead educational initiatives in Mangere that seek to re/address educational disparities since 2000. That's kind of my working title but am thinking that perhaps the story behind it may be the commentary that I need to start working on first.

So for the last 2 days, I've taken study leave from work to meet together with my cohort and other fellow post graduates on the same course, to concentrate on starting my first chapter which is quite exciting as I started writing the words of my first chapter last night.

It's also exciting as I've started my spiritual Gideon bible study (with Priscilla Shirer) that walks hand in hand with the more secular Doctoral studies. For me it's about being grounded in my faith as I walk out this academic journey and to see where God wants me to take this thesis.

So it's a new chapter in my life and also a means to an end as I've wanted to complete these doctoral studies for years in my dad wanting for me to be a doctor (as in physician) and as a ardent student at high school, it's fulfilling a dream to seek that potential and share it with others.

I hope that you can also be working towards your goals and fulfilling your dreams. Like in the bible study piece that I learnt today, it is that you have to be intentional in that you actually have to map out how you are going to meet your goal and then begin walking that journey. For me, walking that journey hand in hand with God is essential.

I'm looking forward to the days ahead and the journey begins...

No comments:

Post a Comment