Wednesday 24 February 2016

Gideon bible study with Priscilla Shirer...



Last night, I started my first individual bible study before meeting with my church ladies' group next week. The study is on Gideon with Priscilla Shirer via DVD and workbook. So as well as my academic studies, one of my goals for this year was to also complete an in-depth bible study much like Beth Moore's bible studies that I've enjoyed for women over the years.

I recognized Priscilla Shirer as the main character from the movie "War Room" which I watched my family last year. One of the things that I still need to work on from that movie was to set up a prayer room and maybe this bible study will help me to make this happen (although we do have an additional 2 people added to our family - so not so sure on space.)

The neat thing that I've already picked up on the first lesson is that we as parents/caregivers/mature adults need to mentor those who are younger or less experienced in life than us particularly our children and those around. I've mentored other young women over the years, some as friends and some as students and also for school organisations.

I think these studies will take me to another level of understanding but then I also want to pass on this new learning in my writings as an author, academic studies and bible studies - my art works as I see them walking hand in hand to be able to learn much and then to pass it on.

So in these blogs you'll read about my learning journeys and thank you for taking the time out to read and then I hope that it will, in turn, inspire you to continue on your journey no matter what it is or where it takes you to...

No comments:

Post a Comment