Monday 22 February 2016

Day 1: 21 Day Daniel fast

Image result for daniel fast 21 days Today begins the first day of our 21-day corporate church's Daniel fast that I am partaking in with my beloved and it's an appropriate time during Lent as a time of reflection and prayer about getting in tune with what God's plan is for us as a church but also as individuals in our families.

I still remember the first time that my beloved and I did the Daniel fast as we just found out on the Sunday to begin on the Monday. So for the first week we only ate fresh and raw fruit and veges and then on the second week we added cooked meals. Needless to say that the first week I lost 5kgs and then started eating Tofu on the second week but this time around I think we're just going to take it easy with fruits and veges.

I find that I look forward to these times as I find it refreshing and I'm more alert with what's going on as well as hearing that still, quiet voice about matters of the heart. I must say already I'm enjoying it but am aware that others don't as it may feel that it's a time of deprivation but really the benefits far outweigh the negatives.

So for me, it's a privilege to be able to share in this time as a church with our senior pastor and his wife i.e. Pastor Paul de Jong and Marie de Jong who have been great role models for our church. Am definitely looking forward to what this season brings and what the Daniel fast reveals. Bring it on!...

No comments:

Post a Comment