Thursday 28 September 2023

Happy 21st Birthday to our eldest...

Had a great family birthday celebration of my eldest daughter, who turned 21 this week. We're having a birthday week as she decided to have a small celebration with family on her special day and a friends party for the weekend.

It all started with a countdown till midnight and then we broke out the bubbly and she cut her first Red velvet cake from the Cheese cake shop. Then took her up to her bedroom that had been kitted out with a makeover!

Here she is at the Restaurant that we chose to have lunch at with her 21st two tiered Red velvet cake (by Decor Cakes in Otāhuhu - our fave cake shop for celebration cakes over the years) and her 21st key given by my mom.

My mother, her maternal grandmother was able to pray a blessing over her and to hand her the key as my mum played a special part in also taking care of her in her formative years when I went back to work and she had retired by then. All of my children are close to their grandmother and she enjoys their company as well.   

 For dinner we went out to a Pasifika Seafood Restaurant that had amazing trays of seafood (her choice of Restaurant) and we had a ball trying out the new cuisine. I love seafood and it was another treat that we enjoyed.

Then the birthday girl shouted us to a game of 10 pin bowling with 2 teams of family and a couple of friends. It was so funny as the birthday girl's boyfriend came first followed by her mum (that's me) just making it to 100 points. All in all, we had a great day and she was showered with gifts.

We're now getting ready for the weekend where we'll be supporting her in her Saturday evening party with friends. Hopefully the weather will hold and it will be at the backyard with canopies, fairy lights and cool music. 

We'll be there to just set up and get things ready for her and then we'll just take it easy at my mum's home whilst they party all night up into the wee hours. Then Sunday I'll be making a small donation to my late dad's beloved church as he would have wanted. Just blessed to have seen this day come to fruition 21 years after, as my first born...

No comments:

Post a Comment