Friday 22 September 2023

Teddy Swims raspy storyteller voice...

 

I must admit that when I first heard this song, on a local radio station, whilst I was driving, I took notice and thought 'Wow! this guy can really sing!' and in my mind's eye it was a African American singing with lots of soul.

Only then to later check it out on YouTube to find that he had an interesting background as the grandson of a minister and had been brought up with an interest in music, American football and Theatre in high school.

I also found lots of his covers of other songs some three plus years ago as he and his band were trying to find traction in the music business but it was the covers of a couple of songs that really got the attention of people in the music industry such as the cover of a Shania Twain song etc.

Well, the rest is history as he is now on tour with his band and has even visited Australia (and NZ I think?). He has a lot of fans now in many countries with his raspy voice and clearly emotive songs that tell a whole gammit of storytelling.

If you haven't already, check out his latest releases (if you haven't already) and see what I mean. He reminds me of the late Joe Cocker and others with an undeniably storyteller voice. I've been listening to this song on repeat. He's definitely a show stopper...

No comments:

Post a Comment