Saturday 2 September 2023

Spring coaching starts...

 

It's now officially Spring over here, although the season changed so long ago with the blooms on trees (earlier blog) that were the true official indicators from nature of the change in season.

With it, I've started my first session/s on coaching and I'm loving it. It brings together some of my teaching experience over the years, mentoring younger women, my own lived experiences with goal setting, time management and the list goes on.

The box in the pic is an idea that my lil' sister gave me of an introductory pack when people sign up with me for coaching. I loved the idea and took it on board straight away with lots of little treats there with colour themes.

What I've enjoyed over the years of my unofficial mentoring and coaching is that I've got to see people grow over the years and reach goals that they never thought that they could reach. I also just had lunch the other day with a former student and she reminded me that through interactions in my class she was able to consider something that she thought she could never reach. She's now contemplating to start her PhD in the next couple of years!

One of the areas that I'm most proud of is seeing so many of my undergraduate class members graduate with Masters degrees over a period of less than 5 years since meeting me. Now that's a real blessing and a feat that I know makes unfathomable changes not only in my former students' lives but also in the families and those closest to them to see the change in them and the opportunities that come with it.

Now I'm really encouraged to take that to another level and to see how far I can reach to support those out there needing support in those types of goals. I'm particularly interested in supporting other women of colour, who like the younger me, needed guidance in support with how to make it happen.

One thing I will share is that you can't do it alone. You really need to have support within your own family to help you get there faster. Otherwise it's a pretty hard struggle uphill without that kind of support. Although it can be done but might take a little more time and elbow grease.

I was super encouraged through the support of my parents and they were also able to reap the rewards of their support in the so many things that I was able to do for them in support and a "thanks" for what they helped me to achieve.

So if you're out there and you're wondering what next for you? consider finding a coach or mentor who can help you get faster to your achieving your goals and with less misfires or mistakes than if you did it alone. 

Unfortunately, there aren't a lot out of people out there who would be willing to do it for free but I'm starting my business with complementary sessions for my family of women of whom I've identified who might need a little hand up (not a hand out). Definitely something I've been looking forward to doing for a long time...

No comments:

Post a Comment