Sunday 24 September 2023

Pinata's sampler pack...

 

This weekend whilst busy preparing for the birthday week of my eldest turning 21 on Tuesday, my second child and I went to sort out the birthday cake at a local cake shop that we've ordered our specialty cakes to be baked at over many years.

Afterwards, we decided to take a dip into one of my late father's fave Samoa food outlets called Pinata's. It has a lot of tasty island foods but we thought to just have a drink and a steamed lamb bun.

I got to speaking with the lady of the shop and found that we had connections with my dad's village of Fasito-o in Samoa and also with the Tau'au name that my dad's family is associated with. We're again looking forward to spending after Christmas holidays and the new year back in Samoa.

It was such a blessing to be able to make those connections and as we spoke she offered to us a free sampler pack of Pinata's that they give to new customers (as I hadn't been there in years). I tried to pay for it but the lady refused it as a special on offer that they had for their new customers.

So I brought it home and my family was able to sample the panikeke (fried round pancakes) that had shredded coconut inside, a custard bun, a chocolate bun, a coconut bun, a caramelized shredded coconut bun and a cinnamon and sugar donut. Definitely, not for the faint hearted but a nice sampler treat for the day.

I would highly recommend Pinata's for those wanting to have a taste of 'home' of local cuisine and I noticed that whilst we were there, a lot of people chose to visit and pick up their favourite island foods options. I'll definitely be back there, as a result, and will check out there hot foods options as what my dad would have enjoyed too...

No comments:

Post a Comment